Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fathüsbands: Cookie of the Year

Fathüsbands: Cookie of the Year 2013

There is a running joke in our household about the nature of my cookies; in the past they have been reluctantly made, and enthusiastically devoured. Now being aware of the power of the cookie, enchanting men into a delightful sugar intoxication, I have been testing my cookie recipes to see which one stands up to the title. Fathüsbands are true to my traditional cookie style; combining large amounts of good European or Pasture butter, the perfect amount of salt, and only the most delicious of chocolates or candies. I never bake in exacts, which makes each batch have their own delicacy, but also makes it a challenge to reproduce an identical tastes. However, I have been blessed to come out with something even more blissfully delicious each time; unless I burn them, which is why I strictly bake on 340 degrees ;)

Recette: 

1   cup good butter (European style, Cultured, Grass fed Pasture butter, etc..you can taste the difference)
.5  cup good coconut oil (it should taste like a fresh coconut if you eat it by the spoonful ;)
3   cups light brown sugar
2   eggs
2   T vanilla extract
2   T ground vanilla beans
1   T salt (I used the pink;)
1   T baking soda
3   cups good flour
200+ grams traditional Toblerone bar, chopped (bladed, in the blender is easy and fun ;)

Bake at 340 degrees, experimenting with length of time, depending on how you like your cookie
I guarantee these babies will bring joy to you and your loved ones and peace on Earth  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment